The product security officer is an operational function responsible for ensuring the development of products within the cyber and information security risk appetite – in accordance with the product security risk management framework and cross-product security reference architecture – by providing advice, design support , security, guidance and expertise in the field of subjects. It’s an advanced position in a way, because it’s a mix of security risk management and architecture-related responsibilities.
Hours per week: 32 – 40
Duration: 25/1/2021 – 23/04/2021
Closing date: 14/1/2021
– Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
– At least 5 years of relevant experience in IT security, OT security and information security risk management;
– Proven strong knowledge and background in IT and software architecture;
– Demonstrable experience with risk management frameworks such as ISO 27001;
– Vendor agnostic expertise in IT / software architecture;
– Knowledge of open source software;
– Experience in Linux environments;
– Demonstrable up-to-date experience with vulnerability scanning and / or penetration testing;
– Pre: demonstrable experience with safe software development and safe programming;
– Pre: experience with certificates and encryption techniques;
– Pre: knowledge of virtualization and containerization technologies such as VMware, Kubernetes and Docker.
– Generic safety certificates such as CISSP and CISM;
– Specialized security certifications such as CEH, SABSA, GDSA and GCIH.
– Ability to lead, influence and negotiate without authority;
– A company that enables a safety posture as opposed to a company that has a disability;
– Strong analytical skills in combination with common sense;
– The ability to translate risks, threats and vulnerabilities to the level of the business stakeholder and to limit risks, to deal with resistance and risk appetite;
– Pro-active and self-motivating attitude;
– Politically aware and sensitive;
– Fluent in English (written and oral);
– Team player;
– Strong communication and presentation skills;
– Motivation to determine the root cause of the problem.
Are you interested or would you like more information about the assignment? Please contact our recruitment team on 088-7860100 or email us at CSC@chiefsofit.com